FULL HANDFORGED KO-KATANA Japanese Samurai Sword Sharp DAMASCUS Folded 1024 layers Steel Genuine Ray Skin Hard Wood Knife Sheath
Notice: Some countries such as Italy, Germany, UK, Spain, Brazil may charge customer customs tax, we can write a low price on package, but DO NOT take the responsibility for it.
Overall Length: 33.1inch / 82 cm
Nagasa Length: 19.7inch / 51cm
Handle Length: 10.6 inch / 27cm
Blade Width(near Habaki): 1.26 inch / 3.20cm
Blade Width(near Kissaki): 0.91inch / 2.30cm
Weight(with Saya): 2.00 lbs / 0.91kg (appro)
Weight(without Saya): 1.68 lbs / 0.76kg (appro)
Blade Material: Damascus folded steel + Oil quenched
Tsuba Material: Alloy
Saya Material: Hard wood
Handle Material: Genuine ray skin + hard wood
Blade Shape: SHINOGI-ZUKURI
Kissaki Shape: CHU-KISSAKI
HI(blood groove): Yes
Sharpess: Very sharp
Condition: Brand new
This sword is hand forged and hand sharpened using Japanese methods to create a perfect blade. Fully functional and battle ready. The accessories of the sword are all authentic from the ray skin handle, to silk sage-o and copper oxidized fittings. This is the best sword you will find in the price range.
Materials And Way Of Forge:
BLADE: The blade of the sword has been hand forged using the ancient method of sword making. Full hand forged, hand polished.
This sword is made of folded steel with 13 times folding to create the 8192 layers, which cast flexibility and hardness of the blade in a large degree. The visible tenuous undulating grain on the blade was resulted from folded repeatedly during forging.
The blade has a long Hi (blood groove) on each side, this not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The tip of the blade is a Chu Kissaki (medium length).
This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror, the blade is also very sharp.
This blade comes with a full length Tang which greatly enhances the strength of the sword. This sword is strong enough to cut through a thick bamboo tree with a single strike yet sharp enough to slice paper.
TSUBA:The Tsuba (guard) of the sword is made of alloy. The Habaki (blade collar) is a one piece brass construction. Two Seppas (spacer) secure the Tsuba.
TSUKA:The Tsuka (handle) core is wooden and it is tightly wrapped over genuine Ray skin Samegawa with synthetic silk Ito. The Fuchi (sleeve) and Kashira (buttcap) are made of alloy. The Tang of the sword is secured by two Mekugi (peg). Two copper Menuki (ornament) are on each side of the Tsuka.
SAYA: The saya (sheath) of the sword is hard wood. Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. The Koiguchi has been hardened.
This is a super, truly samurai sword very suitable for iaido and kendo superior. It is also allows you to make a collection of realistic, yet beautiful samurai sword, or to present one to your friend. Don\'t miss such a chance!
NOTE: (1) The sword is well assembled with saya and free silk SWORD BAG.
(2) If you need one wooden stand, please contact us, we will give you for free, we hope you just provide us with the additional $12 for shipping. Click HERE to get the wooden stand!
(3) This Katana can be taken apart fully anytime for maintenance purposes, you can disassemble the sword from the handle by taking out two pegs.
(4) Due to our swords are full hand made, so Specs will vary slightly from sword to sword. Please understand.
MORE ITEM PICTURES
CUSTOMIZE YOUR OWN SWORD
Do you want a unique sword? Here you can get whatever you want. All our standard blades are available with customizable parts, where you can choose from a large array of fittings, Ito, Sageo and Saya. It is free to choose following parts instead of original ones! NO EXTRA CHARGES! We also can engrave your name, simple symbol or something else you like on the blade, it is also free!!! If you need to change some parts, please send me a message through your Aliexpress messaging system before or after you purchase, sword will be made according to your requirements.
(1) HI (blood groove): NO-HI blade is more stronger for cutting, BO-HI blade is more lighter for practice.
(2) Sharpness: All my blades are available in sharp or unsharp, please contact us if you need an unsharpened blade.
(3) Sword Set: We can make a Wakizashi (medium) and a Tanto (short) to match this katana sword.
NOTE: * Our blades are all FULL TANG blades, we have no any shortened Tang blades.
* Our blades are all full handmade, if you need to customize the blade, please give us enough time to make it, as we all known"Soft fire makes sweet malt."
* We have no any FAKE or MACHINE-MADE hamon blades; Our blades with hamon are result of differentiated hardening with clay, they are real hamon, WE DO NOT MAKE ANY FACK OR MACHINE-MADE HAMON ON THE BLADE.
::BLADE ENGRAVING SERVICE::
* We can engrave Chinese characters, English letters or Japanese kanji on the blade by engraving machine, it is FREE! please see the Sample A.
* We also can engrave simple logo or something else you like on the blade by etching. You need pay an additional $20, and we need about one week to complete it. please see the Sample B.
* Usually, we would engrave the name or logo on the blade toward the handle. We also can engrave your name on the Nakago (Tang). It is not a problem to engrave in other locations on the blade.
* If you want us to engrave your name in Japanese, please translate your name into Japanese first, then send your Japanese name to us via aliexpress message system.
* The blades with blood groove are not suitable for big images\' engraving.
* Engraving by machine can be completed within 2 days; Engraving by etching need 3-5 days to complete.
::GENUINE RAY SKIN (SAMEGAWA) FOR CHOOSING (Free)::
The "rayskin" (sometimes called shagreen) is actually fish skin taken from specific species of stingray or shark. It has been used on Japanese Sword handles for a very long time mostly due to its rough texture which when wrapped with \'cord\', denies the cord from slipping. We have six colors for choosing, if you do not like the color on the above sword, you are free to choose following colors instead of original one!
::SYNTHETIC SILK TSUKA-ITO (Free)::
TSUKA-ITO is the cord wrap on the handles of Japanese swords. Its purpose is both aesthetic and functional, Ito comes in a wide array of color to suit every taste, and it helps reinforce the tsuka and prevent failure. You can choose following Tsuka-Ito instead of original one.
NOTE:If you choose the Tsuka-ITO here, in order to match Tsuka-ITO, we will choose same color for sageo, you also can upgrade the sageo by choosing below imported sageo.
::Leather Ito (+$30)::
L01: Dark Gray L02: White L03: Light Black L04: Red-Brown L05: Black L06: Dark Coffe L07: Dark Blue L08: Gold L09: Dark Brow
::IMPORTED SAGEO FOR CHOOSING (+$10)::
The Sageo have been used on Japanese swords for many centuries. The purpose of the Sageo is to hold the scabbard into the obi belt and keep it from slipping. It is also used at times to secure the katana into its saya by wrapping the sageo around the tsuka and tying it off. It is easy to customize your Japanese sword by swapping out the Sageo.
::TSUKA-MAKI FOR CHOOSING (Free)::
Tsuka-maki - the art of wrapping the tsuka, including the most common hineri-maki and katate-maki (battle wrap); You can choose the warpping between them, our focus is making the wrap as tight as possible to keep if functional as long as possible.
::SAYA FOR CHOOSING (Free)::
The saya is a wooden scabbard for the blade; traditionally done in lacquered wood. Our saya are manufactured from very dry wood, they are not can keep the shape of the saya, but also can ensure the blade is not easy to rust. The below pics just show top part of saya, you are free to choose following saya instead of the original saya.
S01: Green S02: Blue S03: White S04: Black/Red S05: Deep Blue with speckle S06: Deep red with speckle S07: Black matt finish S08: Red S09: Yellow S10: Black high gloss finish S11: Reddish brown with black speckle S12: Black with red threadiness S13: Yellow stripe S14: Reddish brown stripe S15:White with black fumy S16: Black/white
::High Quality Japanese Sword Saya (+$45)::
There are many high quality SAYA for available, each Saya is fitted with genuine Water Buffalo Horn Kurikata, Koiguchi and Kojiri. You can upgrade the saya for an addtional $45.
* S17-S19 are made of hard wood and lacquered with speckle.
* S20-S21 are natural wood Saya, S20 is Hualee wood, S21 is hard wood with polished lacquer.
* S23 is rattan-covered saya. features Rattan covering on the Koiguchi area, and lacquered.
* S24-S26 are Same\' covered Saya,the Same\' (ray skin )has been sanded smooth and filled with polished lacquer.
* S27 is hand-carved multiple ring-shaped SAYA, it is available with different colors.
::SAYA ENGRAVING SERVICE (+$20)::
* We can make engraving on the SAYA(scabbard), following samples are fully traditional HAND-CARVED.
* The following engravings are available with different color SAYA.
E01: Plum blossom E02: Japanese warrior E03: Orchid E04: Magpie on the branch E05: Bamboo E06: Crane E07: Mandarin duck E08: Oriental Dragon E09: Phoenix E10: Cherry blossom
::TSUBAS FOR CHOOSING::
TSUBA is usually a round or occasionally squarish guard at the end of the grip of bladed Japanese weapons, like the katana and its various declinations, tachi, wakizashi, tanto etc. They contribute to the balance of the weapon and to the protection of the hand. The tsuba was mostly meant to be used to prevent the hand from sliding onto the blade during thrusts as opposed to protecting from an opponent\'s blade.
We have about 200 kinds of tsuba, they can be roughly divided into four groups, ALLOY TSUBA, IRON TSUBA, BRASS TSUBA and HIGH QUALITY BRASS TSUBA. You can choose following Tsuba instead of original one.
Alloy Tsuba For Choosing (Free)
Iron Tsuba For Choosing (+$20)
Fine Finished Alloy Tsuba (+$20)
High Quality Brass Tsuba (+$45)